Friday, October 2, 2009

Today Is My Debut in Cartooning.


Precisely (365 x 3) - some pseudo-random number (maybe 2005?), some cartoons were drawn by some great Danes, in some unpronounceable newspaper. They each poked fun at Islam, or Muhammad, or some other facet of the self-censoring Muslim community. Granted, being drawn in Europe, they were probably as humorous as Wanda Sykes stand-up. I'd be an angry Muslim too if somebody drew shitty cartoons about me.


In August, a book was published by Yale University Press, that documented the history of how the cartoons became popular enough to incite riots. Yes, Islam is a peaceful religion. I feel it's completely sensible to promulgate hate and fear in order to promote said peaceful religion. Why bolster logic and education? Does anybody go to school for fun?
Actual fake conversation with normal eight year old:
'
ME: "Hey kid! Wanna go to Six Flags and have all the candy you want, or do you wanna go to SCHOOOOOOL?"
'
KID: "No, I won't take my pants off!"
'
Enough said. The Imams who brought the cartoons around the muslim world were pandering to their audience!
'
But, back to the book. Yale University press refused to publish the book with the printed cartoons. That = another hullabaloo: "blah blah blah, Free Speech, blah blah blah, equal rights for women, blah blah blah, the Mason-Dixon Line." I totally back Yale's decision. Yale is a premier university here on Earth, they can't be endorsing shitty Eurotrash comedy.
'
Now I want to see more cartoons bashing other religions! Let's see how Christians avenge their honor! Can buddhists stand up for themselves? Will a Hindu throw down like Chinatown? God, I hope so.
'
I think it will only work if the cartoons were Danish. The fact still remains, Calvin and Hobbes is the best comic strip ever written.

2 comments:

  1. Good Post. Wanda Sykes is about as funny as Ellen Degenerus.
    I perfer the comics in Playboy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article4749183.ece

    This is why Europeans are mocking Islam. I would have no problem doing the same. I recall another group manipulating parliamentary liberalism resulting in horrible consequences: Facsists. Plurality is fine and good, but not when it begins to impinge on liberty. I am opposed to coercive fundamentalism, no matter what veil (or in this case, burkha) it hides behind. Those wacky Danes have the right to publish whatever they want, no matter if it is bad taste.

    ReplyDelete